Mueller Park Junior High Weekly Announcements
Monday, March 25, 2019
1. ATTENTION NATIONAL JR. HONOR SOCIETY CURRENT MEMBERS: Starting today at 3:00 p.m., you can take a survey on canvas to vote for next year’s NJHS officers. Please read and follow the directions. The voting will close Thursday morning at 8:00 a.m. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Gibson.
2. Candidates for student body office have posted their posters. Please enjoy reading them but be respectful and don’t cause any damage to any of them. Primary elections will open on Wednesday, March 27th and close on Thursday, March 28th at 3:00 p.m. You will be able to vote for candidates on My.DSD from your phone. There will also be computers set up in the cafeteria on Wednesday and Thursday during lunch if you do not have a phone. Be sure to vote!
3. ATTENTION 7TH AND 8TH GRADE STUDENTS TRYING OUT FOR CHEER: Applications are due Friday, March 29th to Ms. Clark.
4. Track conditioning will be held Monday-Friday, right after school in the cafeteria.
5. ATTENTION MUSICAL/THEATER CLUB: Club will be held Tuesday right after school in the choir room.
6. ATTENTION ART CLUB MEMBERS: Art Club will be held Tuesday right after school in Ms. Rigby’s room.
7. The Tuesday Tutor bus will be available Tuesday for bus students who need extra help from their teachers.
8. On Tuesday, March 26th, some of our students will be participating in the Symphonic Band Festival. We wish our students well on their performance.
9. The Creative Writing Club will be held Wednesday, March 27th, right after school in Ms. Beeton’s room. Bring paper and writing utensils.
10. Mark your calendar for two great concerts coming up! The choir concert will be held on Wednesday, March 27th, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Bountiful High School. On Thursday, March 28th, from 5:30-6:30 p.m., the orchestra concert will be held at Bountiful High School. Bring family and friends and enjoy two great performances!
11. On Friday, March 29th, Owen Gillian will be participating in the State Geography Bee at Thanksgiving Point. We wish you the best Owen!
12. Hey, are you interested in being a member of the Jazz band? Jazz band tryouts for piano, drumset and guitar will be held this Friday, March 29th at 2:30 p.m. For tryout materials and procedures of the tryout, please meet with Mr. Wayman.
13. ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS: Want a chance to earn a $500 grand prize award, or other prize options? The 23rd Annual National Student Poetry Contest is coming up. The entry deadline is April 30th. Contact your English teacher or Mr. Venable for more information.
14. ATTENTION 9TH GRADE STUDENTS GOING TO BOUNTIFUL HIGH SCHOOL AND INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR SOPHOMORE CLASS OFFICER: There will be a mandatory meeting on Monday, April 8th at 3:15 p.m. in room 400 at Bountiful High School.
15. Ninth grade girls going to Woods Cross High School next year and interested in being on the Chatelle Team: Clinic starts on Tuesday, March 26th at 4:00 p.m. Auditions will be March 29th at 3:30 p.m.
16. ATTENTION 9TH GRADE GIRLS INTERESTED IN TRYING OUT FOR CHEERLEADER AT WOODS CROSS HIGH SCHOOL: Clinics will start April 9th and tryouts will be April 12th.
17. There are only a few days left for the Box Top War. The money received from our donated box tops goes directly to our school for special projects. The class with the highest number of box tops will receive a yummy treat, donated by Twisted Sugar! The treats will be delivered to the class winners during first period on March 28th. If you are an 8th grader, you can bring 10-25 box tops to Reality Town on March 27th for a discount on your groceries. Let’s boost those numbers up and get those box tops turned in! The last day to turn them in is Wednesday, March 27th.
18. Hey Panthers! Welcome to College March Madness week! Today we will be kicking off the week by giving you a chance to earn candy AND learn about where your teachers attended college. When you hear your teacher talk about their college experience, be the first to raise your hand and you will earn a treat for your hard work. Listen to the announcements for the rest of the week to learn about other fun activities we have planned.
Here’s your daily college trivia that will help you score points during our lunch time activities on Thursday:
*Where is Snow College located?
*What is the mascot of Westminster? A. Hufflepuff B. Griffin or C. Liger d. Cougar?
*This type of college will accept any student who graduates and takes the ACT test.
An open enrollment college
*Who is the Dixie State University mascot A. Blue Devil B. Yellow Dervish C. Orange Sun
or D. Red Storm?
*A college entrance exam that states outside of Utah prefer for admissions?
*This class is not required for high school graduation but is required for the Regents
19. Spring Break will be held from Monday, April 1st through Friday April 5th. Enjoy your week long vacation and we’ll see you back in school on Monday, April 8th.