Monday, Sept. 24, 2018
1. The girls’ volleyball team has a game at Bountiful Jr. High today. They will also play at Farmington Jr. High on Wednesday. Good luck Panther team on both games.
2. If you need to make up P.E. credit, come participate in intramurals. Soccer intramurals will be held tomorrow morning at 7:15 a.m. on the upper field. They will also be held on Thursday morning at 7:15 a.m. Don’t be late! Students who come more than 10 minutes late will not receive P.E. credit. See you there for some fun!
3. Tomorrow we will be on AM assembly schedule for picture retake day. All students who have not had their picture taken yet, will get a picture taken for the yearbook or you may purchase pictures. Picture envelopes are available in the office. Students who plan to do a retake, must have their original picture packet with them in order to take another picture. Students will be called to the cafeteria by intercom.
4. ATTENTION HOPE SQUAD MEMBERS: The meeting for Tuesday has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 26th, in Ms. Aragon’s room. Please remember that all permission slips must be turned in by Wednesday to Ms. Aragon or Mrs. Hedberg.
5. Hey, want to be a part of our awesome MPJH Math Club? The first club meeting will be this Tuesday, Sept. 25th, right after school in Ms. Ord’s room #415. There will be math games and math challenges and lots of fun. Anyone is welcome to participate.
6. The Tuesday Tutor bus will be available for bus students who need extra help from teachers. The bus will leave school grounds at 4:00 p.m. You must get an orange bus pass from the teacher you are working with.
7. Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, Sept. 26th and 27th, from 3:30-7:15 p.m., in teacher classrooms. Please encourage your parents to come see your progress. Students are welcome to attend with their parents.
8. Hey, do you want to avoid getting the flu this winter? Come get a flu shot at the Boo to the Flu clinic on Wednesday, Sept. 26th , in the cafeteria. Bring the whole family! Parents will need to bring an insurance card.
9. Art Club will NOT be held this week due to parent/teacher conferences.
10. ATTENTION NATIONAL JR. HONOR SOCIETY MEMBERS: Please record your hours AND answer the survey questions about our first service project. Our service project will be Oct. 3rd and 4th during Panther Time. Please read the survey for further details. If you have any questions, please email or stop by room 413 and ask Mrs. Gibson.
11. Do you want a chance to earn some extra cash? The 2018-19 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. speech contest is coming up. The award is $100 for first place, $75 for second place, and $50 for third place. The theme can be any portion or excerpt from Dr. King’s speeches or letters. The minimum time is one minute, maximum time is three minutes. The speech can be presented in English or another language. Pick up an application from Mr. Venable in the Media Center. The due date is this Wednesday, Sept. 26th. If you have questions, see Mr. Venable.
12. It has become necessary for us to have locker combinations fixed. All personal items should be removed and taken home. Please keep books and classroom supplies in the locker until Friday. Lockers will be repaired this weekend. The school will not be responsible for any lost items left in lockers. Please have everything out by the end of the day on Friday.