What are CCR's?
What is a CCR?
A CCR is a College and Career Readiness Plan. We like to meet with each student and their parent at least one time every school year. The meetings last about 30 minutes. In general, we look at how the student is doing academically, emotionally and socially. We evaluate and set new goals to keep the student moving forward toward their life goals. We celebrate each student's unique contributions to our school and community. You will receive an email with directions on how to set up an appointment through the my.dsd system. If there is not a date and/or time that will not work for you, please call Mrs. Johnson at (801) 402-6207 to schedule a convenient time. It is our goal to meet with as many parents as we can.
7th grade CCRs take place in September and October. We meet with the 7th graders first so we can check in with them and see how the transition from elementary school to junior high is going.
- We talk about friends and teachers.
- We discuss getting involved in school clubs.
- We review their academic goals.
- We check on their grades.
- We set new goals.
- We look over their College and Career Awareness forms.
This CCR really helps the counselors get to know each student a little better.
8th grade group CCRs take place in January . We meet at this time so we can make sure students understand that next year is high school.
- We begin to discuss a 4 year plan for high school.
- We evaluate their goals and grades.
- We set new goals.
- We review interest inventories and career surveys completed through Utah Futures.
These links share important information for 8th grade students about College and Career Readiness.
9th grade CCRs take place beginning in November and December. We like to meet at this time so students are ready for high school registration which occurs in January (BHS) and March (WXHS).
We look over the student's grades and credits.
- We review and set goals.
- We discuss career choices and courses that support those career choices.
- We begin discussing college requirements.
- We will share some web sites that are helpful in choosing a college.
- We have information on different programs that might lead to scholarship opportunities.
This CCR is a critical meeting to ensure students are on track for their sophomore year of high school.